This Week at WordPress.org (August 2, 2022)
Have you seen the new home page demo?
Is there a problem with Free Riders?
Do you want block styling standardized?
- WP Briefing: Episode 37: The World of WordPress on World Wide Web Day
- People of WordPress: Carla Doria
- Project Update: WordPress.org Homepage and Download page mockups
- Report: Inclusion and Diverse Speaker Workshops June 2022
- July Meetup Organizer newsletter
- Deputy Feedback Wanted: Streamlining WordCamp Phases
- Moving Core block styling to JSON
- Giving FSE a More User-Friendly Name
- A Week in Core – August 1, 2022
- Agenda: Global WordPress Marketing Meeting, July 27, 2022
- Notes: Global Marketing Team Meeting, 20 July, 2022
- Developing the redesigned Home and Download Pages
- Pattern Previews for Themes in the Directory – Beta
- Open Source and the Free Rider Problem
- Updates on the Five for the Future program, and proposed improvements
- Introducing… Domains!
- Let’s Code! An Introduction to Block Development
- The Wide World of WordPress Events
- An introduction to the 9 Design blocks
- The Creative Side of Blocks
- Showcasing Content with Query Loops
- Creating a landing page with a block theme
- Let’s code! Common APIs: Shortcodes
- WordCamp Jinja: Diverse Speaker Sessions, Web Design Hackathon, Teachers Workshop and Fun at the Nile Source!
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? Start Here ›