Thoughts on how AI and automation can be enabling to individuals and help us all be part of our communities where human-to-human interaction is the best and most vital part. • We love our community on Twitter, but maybe that’s not where our community will be in the future. • Nev Harris is in our Member Spotlight. • Our Black Friday deals are live — and you can still add yours. WordPress Accessibility Day, WordFest, and WP Wealthbuilder Summit are coming right up, and so are WordCamps! We’d love to see you at one of our EU/US weekly Huddles.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about AI, automation, and how that fits into community. I applaud so much of how all of these things have simplified my life, and make my life so much easier as a disabled person. I use Ring doorbell to talk to anyone who rings my doorbell to let them know I’m on my way (but slow). I use Alexa to automate lights when I’m not home and voice commands to turn on/off lights, check the weather and news, and set my thermostat. This week I installed a Stream Deck to automate things at my desk like key lights, opening websites, and I even added a sound for podcasting fun. AI can generate copy for titles, tweets, and even site content.
But nothing surpasses human interaction. Being on a Zoom call for our Post Status weekly huddles, creative brainstorming with my Stellar team, one-on-ones with friends and family, and recording podcasts with my podcasting partners and guests all enhance my life greatly. And I appreciate interacting with so many of you on Twitter about WordPress, tech, and life in general.
Changes are coming to Twitter with the new leadership there. Our community has thrived on Twitter, so keep an eye out for each other there, and if you find a better solution that we can adopt as a community, let us know!
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming quickly! Submit your deals here.
- This year’s deals are live!
- In our Member Spotlight this week: Nev Harris. Nev will help you unlock the profit trapped in your business and lower your stress around cash flow and expenses. Nev shows how money talk doesn’t need to be scary. Or boring. Or something you do behind closed doors with an accountant who appears to be speaking another language.
- Post Status Member Huddles Every Week!
- WordPress Accessibility Day • November 2-3
- WordFest • November 18
- Calls for Speakers and Sponsors are open at WP Wealthbuilder Summit.
- WordCamps are back. Check the schedule online!
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.
Leave a Reply