• SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and TLS (Transport Layer Security) are internet protocols that use encryption to secure websites.
• SSL certificates can be legally required for specific websites and may help boost a business’s reputation, increase sales, and more.
• Certificate Authorities (CA) like DigiCert, Entrust, Sectigo, and Let’s Encrypt offer free and premium SSL certificates with various levels of validation. Prices range from $74 – $800 per year.
• When purchasing an SSL certificate from a CA, users may want to consider their budget, the type of website they are running, and the amount of user data it handles.
• Most quality web hosting providers will manage an SSL certificate for you after purchase. Additionally, some web hosts include free SSL certificates in their plans.
• WordPress has become a prime target for hackers and cybercriminals due to its growing popularity.
• Website owners, hosting providers, and the WordPress community are all responsible for ensuring website security.
• Common sources of WordPress vulnerabilities include outdated software, weak passwords, unsecured file permissions, outdated plugins, themes, and WordPress versions.
• It is crucial to keep the core updated; install security plugins; use secure payment gateways; limit access to the website; use a Web Application Firewall (WAF); sanitize and validate file paths; monitor traffic; and more to protect your WordPress site from security threats.
• This week, Yoast SEO released version 20.5 with several security fixes and an improved Google SERP preview.
• The plugin now requires PHP 7.2.5 or higher (along with WP 6.0).
• 89.9% of WordPress sites are already running on PHP 7.2+.
• Yoast SEO has been a driving force in pushing users to update their PHP versions for the past four years.
• While the latest version is incompatible with 10% of WordPress sites running unsupported versions of PHP, it is necessary for maintaining a healthy and secure ecosystem.
Shuffle.dev is a powerful web development tool that offers an intuitive way to create responsive web designs. It’s a user-friendly interface, and flexible templates make creating complex layouts easy and efficient. One of its standout features is its ability to output via popular frameworks such as Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, or Bulma. This makes integrating the design into the latest technologies easy and ensures developers can continue building with their tools of choice. With Shuffle.dev, developers can quickly and easily create templates that are modern, accessible, and perfect for any site.
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.