- WordPress 6.3 will introduce a new development mode.
- This mode can be initiated by declaring the WP_DEVELOPMENT_MODE constant.
- It is not recommended for production sites.
- Possible values for WP_DEVELOPMENT_MODE include core, plugin, theme, all, or an empty string.
- “All” applies to sites where all three aspects may be modified.
- Development mode can be helpful for theme developers, especially for modifying theme.json caching.
- The WP_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE constant denotes whether the environment is development, staging, or production but does not specify what type of development is being done.
- It is advised only to use WP_DEVELOPMENT_MODE on a site with WP_DEBUG enabled and WP_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE set to “development” or “local”
- For more details and code samples, developers can refer to the dev note on the make.wordpress.org/core blog
- WebGPU: the cross-platform graphics API of tomorrow – Chrome Developers
- Redis: Boosting WordPress Performance and Scalability (wpmayor.com)
- 110 Stories To Learn About Seo Optimization | HackerNoon
- Display Census Data as Heatmaps – Kintone Developer Program
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.