This Week at WordPress.org (May 1, 2023)
The WordPress Marketing Team is hosting a Blogs to Blocks celebration and invites you to get involved by creating and responding to daily prompts around blogging, design, development, photos, community, and more ways to contribute.
The Core Team is considering how to include extendible technology to integrate AI. Additionally, there is a proposal needing your feedback around improving image performance. Felix Arntz notes that adding
fetchpriority=”high” to the LCP image typically improves LCP performance by 5-10%.
The latest call for testing from the Test team includes an exercise using the new Grid view, as well as creating pages from patters.
- Community Team Meeting Agenda for 4 May, 2023
- Announcing the 2023 Community Team Goals
- 2021-2022 WordPress Meetup Survey: Key Findings
- Report: #WPDiversity Inclusion and Diverse Speaker Workshops February and March 2023
- WordCamp Mentors’ May check-in!
- Let’s talk: WordPress Core & Artificial Intelligence
- Proposal for enhancing LCP image performance with the fetchpriority attribute in WordPress core
- A Week in Core – May 1, 2023
- Agenda for Docs Team bi-weekly meeting May 2, 2023
- Monthly online Docs Team Contributor Day starts April 2023
- Documentation Team Update – May 2, 2023
- Resolved: Openverse degraded performance 2023-05-03
- Community Meeting Recap (2023-05-02)
- Openverse Monthly Priorities Meeting 2023-05-03
- Agenda: Weekly Polyglots Chat – May 03, 2023 (07:00 UTC)
- Defining the Polyglots contributor ladder
- Idea: translate.wordpress.org tour
- FSE Program Testing Call #21: Front Page Fun
- Table Leads Needed for WCEU 2023 Contributor Day
- Test Team Update: 24 April 2023
- Theme Handbook Overhaul Proposal
- Themes Team Meeting Notes – March 25, 2023
- Themes team update May 02, 2023
- Recap: Content Localization Foundations Project
- Training Team Meeting Recap for April 11, 2023
- Meeting Recap for April 18th, 2023
- Project: Developments and Customizations for Training and Learn Website
- What’s new on Learn WordPress in April 2023
- Rapid Website Recreation
- Se familiariser avec le tableau de bord de WordPress
- Importing widget areas from a classic theme to a block theme
- Online WordPress 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Live stream: Creating a block theme for developers. Part 2 | Gutenberg 15.7
- Live stream: Creating a block theme for developers. Part 1
- Bring me your issues: A New Hope
- Creating a custom template in the Site Editor
- Building a page with only patterns
- Introduction to Block Themes: A Q&A
- WP dev livestream: developing for multisite
- Five for the Future: How to succeed by making ongoing contributions to WordPress
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? Start Here ›
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.