This Week at WordPress.org (August 7, 2023)
With just a few days before Community Summit, Contributor Day, and WordCamp US, many initiatives across the project are gearing up for time well-spent together. Docs, Training, and several other teams are joining together to work on translations and localizations in a way that supports Gutenberg Phase 4 Multilingual.The Design team is working on the…
- Contributor Working Group: Mentorship Chat Agenda | August 17th 07:00 UTC (APAC/EMEA) and 16:00 UTC (AMER)
- WCUS 2023: Community Team event at Contributor Day
- Recap of the Diverse Speaker Training group (#WPDiversity) AMER/EMEA on August 9, 2023
Phase 3 Ideations
- Introducing WordPress.org/blocks
- Organizations Supporting WordPress.org
- Matrix chat Summary – August 3, 2023
- Agenda: Weekly Polyglots Chat – August 16, 2023 (13:00 UTC)
- Discussion for a proposal for WP.org content translation and localization
- WCUS Contributor Day: Tutorials Workshop (In-Person & Remote)
- Introducing the Training Team Guide Program!
- Announcing the first Learn WordPress Course Cohort.
- Training Team Meeting Recap – 8th August 2023
- Embedding media and third-party content on your website
- Testing your plugins for PHP version compatibility
- The Wide World of WordPress Events
- Contributing to the Learn WordPress platform – part 1
- What’s new for developers? (August 2023)
- WP dev livestream: Sendig block theme
- Training Team Contributor Hour
- Website auditing and conversion optimization
- WordPress database optimization and maintenance
- Creating a contact page
- jQuery 3.7.0
- Node v20.2.0 released
- PHP 8.3.0 Alpha 3 available for testing
- PHP 8.2.8 Released!
- PHP 8.1.21 Released!
- PHPMailer 6.8.0
- Composer 2.5.8
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? Start Here ›
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.