This Week at WordPress.org (July 11, 2023)
WordPress 6.3 is less than one month away. Get started testing now and tune in for the live product demo.
As we head into WordPress 6.4’s kickoff, it’s time to set our sights on Gutenberg Phase 3: Collaborative Editing. Your feedback to the ideas presented is important.
The first cohort of New Contributor Mentorship Program has also begun. There is clearly more interest than capacity to staff in this first group, which is a very encouraging sight.
- WordPress 6.3 Beta 4
- 6.3 Live Product Demo
- People of WordPress: Allison Dye
- WP Briefing: Episode 59: A Polyglot’s WordPress
- Help Test WordPress 6.3
- Improvements to the metadata API in WordPress 6.3
- 6.3 Release Parties Schedule and hosts
- WordPress 6.3 Beta 2
- WordPress 6.3 design kickoff
- Bug Scrub Schedule for WordPress 6.3
- WordPress 6.3 Planning Roundup
- Roadmap to 6.3
- Contributor Mentorship Program!
- New handbook page for WordCamp Organizers: WordCamp Speaker Selection (for content AND diversity)
- Summary of the Q2 Community Team Role Updates
- Announcing the Inaugural Cohort of the WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program!
- Community Team Meeting Agenda for 6 July, 2023
- WCUS 2023 Contributor Day: Help Needed!
- WCUS 2023 Contributor Day: What should we work on?
- Incident Report: Recent Cancelation of a WordCamp
- WordCamp Mentors’ July check-in!
Phase 3 Ideations
- The Style Book: a one-stop shop for styling block themes
- Navigating the Block Editor Handbook
- Upgrading the site-editing experience with custom template part areas
- Make Team Dashboards
- Triaging open issues on Trac for Make Teams
- New Filter Controls: Discover “Commercial” and “Community” in the Theme and Plugin Directory
- Linking to Supporting Orgs
- New curation filter in Pattern Directory
- Community Meeting Recap (2023-07-11)
- A week in Openverse: 2023-07-03 – 2023-07-10
- Priorities Meeting Recap 2023-07-05
- Community Meeting Recap (2023-07-04)
- Proposal for Establishing a Make Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (“DEIB”) Team within the WordPress Community
- Learn WordPress July 2023 Newsletter
- Training Team 2023 Half Year Review
- Next steps for GitHub updates
- Announcement: Updates to team meeting times
- Project Thread: Learning Pathways on Learn WordPress
- Training Team Meeting Recap – 4th July 2023
- Expertise needed: Learn how to vet content topic ideas for the Training Team
- Training Team Meeting Recap for June 27th, 2023
- 7 Tips to improve website security
- Categories vs. Tags: What’s the difference?
- Debugging in WordPress
- Designing with row and stack blocks
- WordCamp Dhaka 2023 Has Been Cancelled
- WordCamp Rochester is Back!
- WordCamp San José 2023: Looking For Speakers And Sponsors!
- WordCamp Finland: back to Tampere with educational, insightful and thought-provoking talks
- jQuery 3.7.0
- Node v20.2.0 released
- PHP 8.3.0 Alpha 3 available for testing
- PHP 8.2.8 Released!
- PHP 8.1.21 Released!
- Composer 2.5.8
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? Start Here ›
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.