This Week at WordPress.org (May 29, 2023)
How did you celebrate WordPress’s 20th birthday? Read Building Blocks: The Evolution of WordPress, now available on GitHub and e-reader formats.
WordPress 6.3 is underway. Core has shared the planning roundup, and the Design team is starting to prepare now.
Support forums recently discussed considerations on using AI to respond to forum issues. Human intervention is still necessary for the foreseeable future.
Training team surveyed attendees at the last 3 flagship WordCamps and any additional respondents. The data is in with feedback on the content and site functionality of Learn.WordPress.org.
- Celebrating 20 Years of WordPress
- Celebrate 20 Years of WordPress by Exploring the 20-Year Written History of the Project
- Download 3D WP20-Themed Media
- WordPress 6.3 design kickoff
- Bug Scrub Schedule for WordPress 6.3
- WordPress 6.3 Planning Roundup
- Roadmap to 6.3
- Notes of Community Team Discussion on May 25, 2023
- Recap of the Diverse Speaker Training group (#WPDiversity) AMER/EMEA on May 24, 2023
- Command Center: Request for feedback
- Proposal: Retiring Older Default Themes
- Core Editor Improvement: Smoother Site Editing
- Day 20: #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks
- Day 19: #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks
- Day 18: #WP20 From Blogs to Blocks
- Agenda: Biweekly Matrix Chat – Thu, June 1, 2023 (10AM UTC)
- Two-Factor Auth available to test on WordPress.org
- A week in Openverse: 2023-05-22 – 2023-05-29
- Community Meeting Recap (2023-05-22)
- Openverse Monthly Priorities Meeting 2023-06-07
- A week in Openverse: 2023-05-15 – 2023-05-22
- Plugin Review Team Update
- Use of Code Generators Must Remain GPL Compatible
- Advance Notice of Retirement
- Improving Translation Suggestions [Other Languages]
- Agenda: Weekly Polyglots Chat – May 31, 2023 (07:00 UTC)
- Proposal: establishment of a formal WordPress Sustainability Team
- WordPress Contributor Mentorship Program: Pilot Program Proposal
- Themes Team Meeting Notes – May 30, 2023
- Summary: Curating the Editor and building block themes for clients
- Hallway Hangout: Curating the editor and building block themes for clients
- Theme Handbook Overhaul: Phase 2 (Creating Content)
- Themes team update May 30, 2023
- Live stream: Creating a block theme for developers. Part 3
- Training Team WordCamp EU Contributor Day Online Session
- Using the row and stack blocks
- Nesting blocks and advanced block layouts
- WP dev livestream: Sendig block theme
- WordPress Coding Standards
- Custom CSS in the Site-Editing Era
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? Start Here ›
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.