Google Updates Helpful Content System
- Google has made a significant change to its guidelines for how it identifies helpful content.
- The original language that described helpful content as “…written by people, for people…” was understood by many to mean that AI-generated content would be penalized.
- This language has now been changed to read “helpful content created for people…”
- The updated language appears to be less concerned about how the content is generated, and more concerned that the content is actually helpful to people and not just designed for search engines.
- Are you using AI-generated content in your business? If not, is it time to consider it?
Siteground Removed, WordPress.com Added to .Org Recommended Hosting Page
- Last week saw lots of public conversation in the WordPress community over plugin rankings on .com vs. .org.
- News Roundup 2023-09
- Changes to the recommended hosting page on WordPress.org have some community members curious.
- Some have noted that last Friday, WordPress.com was added to the list of recommended hosts.
- This follows the removal of Siteground from the recommended list back in July.
- Odd timing?
Alex Stine Awarded First WP Community Collective Accessibility Fellowship
- Alex Stine, a longtime WordPress contributor, has been awarded a fellowship by the WPCC for his work improving WordPress accessibility.
- The fellowship provides 5 paid hours per week for 6 months to focus on WordPress accessibility initiatives.
- It will allow Alex to continue his excellent work to improve the current state of Gutenberg accessibility.
- Congratulations Alex and excellent work WPCC!
Worth a Look…
Some WP developers are talking about the future of custom website design… “It’s truly about content, the rest is overkill.”
Is WordPress Dying? The State of WordPress in 2023
What WOULD It Take for Another CMS to Catch Up to WordPress?
How to Use Cloudflare Full-Page Caching With WordPress (for Free!)
This article was published at Post Status — the community for WordPress professionals.