Support Inclusion in Tech with Winstina Hughes — Post Status Draft 136

In this episode, Winstina Hughes joins Cory Miller to talk about the  Support Inclusion in Tech project created to champion diversity, equity, and inclusion in the WordPress community by providing assistance to WordCamp speakers for travel and hotels. Estimated reading time: 37 minutes Transcript ↓ Winstina Hughes  is a long-term community member and organizer within… Continue reading Support Inclusion in Tech with Winstina Hughes — Post Status Draft 136

WordPress 6.2 Schedule • 2022 in Core • Block Developer Year in Review • New Incident Response Team

This Week at WordPress.org (January 2, 2023) WordPress 6.2 is set to reach feature freeze on February 7 and final release on March 28. Take a look back at Core contribution stats from 2022. Read the recap of everything that happened last year that developers need to know. Meet the members of the Incident Response… Continue reading WordPress 6.2 Schedule • 2022 in Core • Block Developer Year in Review • New Incident Response Team

Member Spotlight: Alex Stine

From Alex: Building my first self-hosted WordPress blog is what introduced me to the world of tech and eventually my first few jobs with Incsub. At Incsub, I started out in Tech Support for the first year helping clients fix their websites. Next, I transitioned in to Front-End and Accessibility Web Development. Here I picked… Continue reading Member Spotlight: Alex Stine

On The Fediverse, WordPress, And Activity Pub With Matthias Pfefferle — Post Status Draft 135

Matthias Pfefferle is head of WordPress development at a hosting company in Europe and the creator of Activity Pub, a WordPress plugin. He joins Cory Miller to discuss the rising need for decentralization in social networking, the current movement, and the future potential available within WordPress. Estimated reading time: 37 minutes Transcript ↓ In this… Continue reading On The Fediverse, WordPress, And Activity Pub With Matthias Pfefferle — Post Status Draft 135

New Year, Same Me

As I reflect on 2022, I think back over a year of mixed blessings, and I’m so grateful for the WordPress Community who supported me through family loss, new ventures, and the things I’m always doing both in and outside of WordPress. This year I: I completed my first year on the Post Status team!… Continue reading New Year, Same Me

Member Spotlight: Seth Goldstein

Seth has been in the digital marketing and WordPress space for more that 15 years. He helps companies of all sizes get found online through various digital marketing techniques including Web design/development, SEO, SEM, Digital Strategy, email marketing, and podcast production. What do you enjoy most about working in WordPress? The community, hands down. There… Continue reading Member Spotlight: Seth Goldstein

Community Wrap-up Week Ending December 23

The WordPress Community is a Wonderful Place to Be The WP Community Collective The WP Community Collective aims to address some of these ongoing challenges by creating community-funded Fellowships to financially support individual contributions to the WordPress project and community. “We hope that the WP Community Collective can help bridge the gap between the passion… Continue reading Community Wrap-up Week Ending December 23

#31 – Milan Ivanovic on the Importance of Real World Versus Online

On the podcast today we have Milan Ivanovic. Milan is a WordPress Developer at Valet.io, and is a WordCamp volunteer, speaker, and organizer. He’s the WordPress.org global translation editor, WordPress Serbia lead, and is now part of the WordCamp Europe alumni. As if that weren’t enough, Milan is one of the lecturers of the WordPress… Continue reading #31 – Milan Ivanovic on the Importance of Real World Versus Online